The heart of IME is the formatif activity. Master Classes of four musical genres, based on the excellence, the constant research and the sperimentation, the innovation and the contaminations.
Integrated to the advanced Master Classes training, the Basic Classes are open to musicians who intend to follow a less demanding training course which consists of: to be hearers of the Master Classes for three hours in the morning; two hours of study with teachers of the Master Classes in the afternoon.
The four sections of Master Classes are independent and open all year. Operate as follows:
- Opera: classical singing, vocal coaching, introduction to conducting the opera repertoire;
- Classical Repertoire (Symphonic, Solo and Chamber): wind instruments (woodwind and brass), strings (viola, violin, cello, double bass), harp, drums (percussions), orchestra conduction;
- Jazz (in the various interpretations);
- World Music & International Pop: ethnic, traditional, but also rock, funk, fusion, electonic and all the musical trends from abroad.
- Opera and Classic Music – 1 or 2 weeks, 4/7 hours per day;
- Jazz – 1 week or a part of the week, 4/7 hours per day;
- World Music and International Pop– 1 week or a part of the week, 4/6 hours per day.
At the end of each Master Class musicians prepare the exhibition of the contest, competition at the end of course, open to the public, that demonstrates how much the student learnt throughout the course.
Each contest is held at the Opera House of Sanremo Casino, in a spectacular setting that sees musicians of each Master Classes perform live, in their own kind of genre and in a final ensemble full of influences of other genres.
A jury formed by teachers picks the best talents of each Master Classes section.
The public votes on the network and helps to determine the final winner, who earns the right to be part of the IME International Youth Orchestras.
You can subscribe to the Master Class, choosing from the summaries and sending the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more info you can contact the organizing office